Work that matters
At the Office of the Auditor General of Manitoba, our values are independence, integrity, innovation, and teamwork. Our work goes beyond the bottom line. As legislative auditors, we serve the Manitoba Legislative Assembly, and in turn, all Manitobans.
More than 55 individuals work for the Auditor General in a variety of areas, including financial statement audits, project audits, and corporate services.
When there are job openings, the postings are listed here:
Information for students
No other audit organization in Manitoba offers the varied work experiences that we do. As part of our team, students work on financial and project audits of provincial government departments and enterprises, Crown organizations, universities and colleges, health and family services authorities, and much more.
We participate in CPA Manitoba’s Fall University Recruitment process, which runs annually from September to November. We also accept applications outside the CPA University Fall Recruitment process, but only accept these applications in the early fall.
Helping you succeed
As a pre-approved training office in the Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) Professional Education Program (PEP), we are invested in helping you successfully transition from the academic world to the professional one.
You will work on teams—typically with a senior auditor, a manager, and a principal—receiving hands-on training and mentorship.
We are committed to offering you the training and experience you need to excel, while also providing a healthy work-life balance.
Comprehensive CPA candidate support program
Your success is our priority. We offer:
- Reimbursement of course fees and annual dues
- Paid study days
- A mentoring program
- An Internal Common Final Examination (CFE) student program
- An external CFE study program (Densmore)
Our compensation package includes:
- Competitive student salary ranges
- A 36¼ hour work week
- Paid overtime that accumulates at time and a half.
- 3 weeks of vacation for your second and third years of employment, 4 weeks in your fourth year
- Membership in the Civil Service Superannuation defined benefit pension plan
- Reimbursement of professional association membership and student fees
- Parking, transit, and cycling reimbursement benefit and secure bike parking on site.
- Other benefits include health, dental, group life insurance, and long-term disability once eligibility requirements are met.
Ongoing professional development
We are committed to helping staff members continuously enhance their professional skills. To do this we:
- Present many in-house training sessions, often with guest speakers.
- Support attendance at conferences and seminars, locally and across Canada.
- For more information on student recruiting, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, call us at 204.945.3790, or find us on LinkedIn, X (Twitter), Facebook and YouTube.
The Office of the Auditor General (OAG) has developed the policies, organizational practices and measures outlined in the below document to meet the requirements of the Accessible Employment Standard Regulation and we are committed to complying with the Accessibility Standard for Employment under The Accessibility for Manitobans Act. Our policies, practices and measures reflect principles of dignity, independence, integration and equal opportunity for people with disabilities.