Work that matters
At the Office of the Auditor General of Manitoba, we pride ourselves on positively influencing public sector performance through impactful audit work and reports. Our work goes beyond the bottom line. As legislative auditors, we serve the Manitoba Legislative Assembly, and in turn, all Manitobans.
More than 55 individuals work for the Auditor General in a variety of areas, including financial statement audits, project audits, and corporate services.
When there are job openings, the postings are listed here:
Information for students
No other audit organization in Manitoba offers the varied work experiences that we do. As part of our team, students work on financial and project audits of provincial government departments and enterprises, Crown organizations, universities and colleges, health and family services authorities, and much more.
We participate in CPA Manitoba’s Fall University Recruitment process, which runs annually from September to November. We also accept applications outside the CPA University Fall Recruitment process, but only accept these applications in the early fall.
Helping you succeed
As a training office in the Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) Professional Education Program, we are invested in helping you successfully transition from the academic world to the professional one. Students typically work on teams with a senior auditor, a manager and a principal, receiving hands-on training and mentorship.
We are committed to offering you the training and experience you need to excel, while also providing a healthy work-life balance.
Comprehensive CPA candidate support program
Your success is our priority. Our program includes:
- Reimbursement of course fees and annual dues
- Paid study days
- Mentoring program
- Internal Common Final Examination (CFE) student program
- External CFE study program (Densmore)
In addition, we offer:
- 36¼ hour work week
- Overtime that can later be taken as time off
- Upon request, additional time-off without compensation
Our compensation package includes:
- Competitive student salary ranges
- 3 weeks of vacation for your second and third years of employment, 4 weeks in your fourth year
- Overtime that accumulates at time and a half
- Membership in the Civil Service Superannuation pension plan
- Professional association membership fees
- Once eligibility requirements are met, other benefits include health, dental, and long-term disability.
Ongoing professional development
We are committed to helping staff members continuously enhance their professional skills. To do this we:
- Present many in-house training sessions, often with guest speakers.
- Support attendance at conferences and seminars, locally and across Canada.
- Provide opportunities to pursue professional designations such as: Certified Government Auditing Professional, Certified Internal Auditor, Certified Fraud Examiner and Certified Information Systems Auditor.
The Office of the Auditor General (OAG) has developed the policies, organizational practices and measures outlined in the below document to meet the requirements of the Accessible Employment Standard Regulation and we are committed to complying with the Accessibility Standard for Employment under The Accessibility for Manitobans Act. Our policies, practices and measures reflect principles of dignity, independence, integration and equal opportunity for people with disabilities.